Saturday, May 1, 2010

T minus 12 Hours

12:53 am
That's right kids. I leave for Panama in 12 hours... and haven't started packing. I think I had kinda been avoiding it subconsciously, because let's be honest, it's not like I haven't had plenty of time this week. And yet here I am, blogging about it instead of doing something about it. Evasion at it finest. Game plan: shower, quiet time, emails, pack. Ready, break!

1:29 am
somehow my "safe place" for my camera charger turned into a hiding place. Kinda freaking out... how can I possibly leave the country for a month without the ability to charge my camera?!

2:13 am
charger found. crisis averted.

2:46 am
Packing always reveals how high maintenance I really am. even my quiet time is high maintenance.

and this is without my Strong's Greek/ Hebrew dictionary and Matthew Henry's commentary. Unfortunately they are too big to come to Panama with me.
prayer journal, husband journal, Spanish/English Bible, Bible study book, 365 Bible, Jesus Calling, prayer cards/ memory verses. yes, I do need it all.

books to finish/ read. SO excited to finally read Take Three!! just in time for Take Four to come out when I get back! and finish Boy Meets Girl. I love I Kissed Dating Goodbye so much, I know I will love this too.

the plane outfit, which required much thought: comfy capris, t shirt, light jacket, chacos. perfection.

and the ginormous suitcase and backpack stuff to the brim... 7 pairs of shoes, 8 dresses, 5 shorts, 3 skirts, 2 bathing suits, way too many t shirts. I should have everything... right?

3:04 am
Exhausted, time for bed. My last sleep on American soil for a month. (well, North American soil) Feeling reallll nervous about this here trip all of a sudden. Not sure why because I love to travel and feel more at home in other countries than I do in the United States.

prayer requests:
-that I can be a light to the girls I am around
-that I can maintain this great time I am having with the Lord when I can't go to church and don't have "my people" around to lift me up
-patience with the people I will be living with
-nerves
-recollection of the language. I know that I know this stuff, but I get nervous.
-also confidence to speak like I know I can
-safety

Though this is a study abroad trip, it is also a mission trip. My mission field with these same people is just being relocated.

I will be updating as much as possible as soon as I figure out the internet situation over there. Hopefully I will be updating often. Thank you for the prayers.

love you sweet friends!

1 comment:

  1. Your people may not be "around," but you better have me with you in your heart...right next to Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete