Sunday, May 2, 2010

¡Mira A La Mesa Con La Cabeza!

WE'RE HERE!

And I am absolutely exhausted. So I feel like I probably forgot things to put in here and it might not be very interesting. Consider yourselves warned.

As Linds and I decided on our trip to Mexico, planes make us funny. So Joanna and I had a lot of fun. We bought some semi trashy magazines (as in People and US Weekly, but we call them trashy) and loaded up on coffee. Joanna and I were lucky enough to sit next to each other, even though she had to book her ticket separately. I am so thankful for that simple fact. We had so much fun and it was so nice to be able to have someone to talk to and goof off with. There was an amusing man reading the same magazines we were. 

prepared for take off!


I've never been in a plane when the sun set, and it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I so wish that a picture could even begin to capture it.


About the time we landed, Joanna and I began to freak out. In fact, freak out would be an understatement. We were pretty much on the verge of tears and wondering what we had gotten ourselves into. And suddenly couldn't remember a single word of Spanish. There were these 2 ladies waiting for us with a sign with all of our names. Made me feel real legit. They took us in this big bus to Punta Paitilla where we were staying. Thankfully they had food for us! We were SO hungry! We met the people who own this (awesome) place we're staying at and our professors. Let's be honest, it's rather awkward right now. I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding, but am catching the general idea. But this place we're staying is awesome! Joanna and I are sharing a room and share a bathroom with Hillary and Leanna. Bathroom with a huge shower that we are calling the party shower.




Moral of the story: so far so good. I know this is a rather boring post here, but that's just life in Panama with the Panamanians :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment