Sunday, May 23, 2010

Able

I recently found this picture on Annie Blogs and immediately loved it.

Able.
I am able.

When the plane landed in Panama 22 days ago, I was scared. Joanna and I sat in our seats and kept saying, "what have we gotten ourselves into?" We couldn't understand the people around us speaking Spanish. I suddenly felt so dumb. For the first few days, I had no idea what was going on around me. I was lost and confused. I felt defeated. Every day.

Able.
I am able.

I am able to understand. I am even able speak. I am able teach in Spanish. I am able to help these kids. I am able to communicate my point. I am able to present a major project in Spanish. I am able to live in another country. I am able to be comfortable in a Spanish speaking country. I am able to take care of myself here. I am able to do this for my whole life.

I am equipped for the exact moment that God puts me in. I am able, with Him. Every time I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it, I did it.

I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment