Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Las Once

Let's be honest here: this morning was awful. I was left alone with the kids for about an hour and a half. They had one activity to do that only took about 30 minutes and then I didn't know what to do. I feel like I can hardly communicate and it's so hard to get them to listen when you can't speak very well. So I struggled to get any control whatsoever and it was so discouraging. I am meant to teach. I don't know what I am meant to teach, but I am. I love it. I can handle myself in a classroom. When it's in English. I was almost in tears when the English teacher came in and saved me. We had a little talk and she was really encouraging so that was nice. It's just so hard to leave that place every day feeling so discouraged and doubting myself as a teacher. I hate it. And there is no way I can teach an actual lesson so I hope that no one expects that any time soon. It's just overwhelming. Again, I know I say that a lot, but it was just a really hard morning.

Back to lunch at UDELAS again. I'm such a fan. And Sarah, Joanna, and I went to Dunkin Donuts and got some coffee. I like spending that time with them.

On the plus side, class was a thousand times better today! In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say it: I enjoyed it. And I understood. It was so encouraging. We had some good laughs in that class too, which always makes it so much better. Unfortunately we have some girls who ate something and were not feeling so hot, so that was another issue in and of itself. 

Best part of the day: our second class was cancelled. and today was supposed to be the day that we had class until 5:30, so that was great. Since we had some time, we decided to go to a movie. Not just a movie, a movie at the VIP theater. Yep, we're VIP. y'all, this place had recliners and everything. it. was. awesome. And we saw Iron Man 2 which isn't even out in the states! Also awesome. the movie and the fact that you stateside people (it should be my goal to use that word in every post) can't see it yet. :)

Add getting home late to an hour of hard Spanish homework and history homework and this girl is worn flat out. Again. I need sleep. I'm so nervous about tomorrow at the school again, so prayers would be appreciated. 

pictures coming soon
:)

random thoughts:
-there are these buses that drive around and night and play loud music and we have named them the party buses. they are brightly colored and ridiculous and apparently it's like a club on a bus. and our teacher is taking us for our culture class. which will be hilarious. and awesome.
-guess who is going back to work St. Simon's again this year?! THIS GIRL!!!!
-there are no good looking men here. they just don't exist. my husband must not be here.
-there is a surfer man of at least 40 years of age living downstairs. we just found out about him a few days ago. strange...
-our history teacher answers her phone in class. at least 4 times per class.

1 comment:

  1. I need some further explanation on the title...did I miss something? I understand what it means but don't get the joke...
    Love,
    your linguistically challenged friend

    ReplyDelete