Friday, April 23, 2010

You've Been More Than A Friend To Me

I have a lot to blog about, so just get ready, friends.

Last week was the last chapter of the year, and also Lindsey's last chapter. North Ga and Alpha Gam won't be the same without Linds. I can't believe that there was a time when she wasn't here and wasn't in my life. I am so thankful for such an encouraging roommate and loving friend. Ruby Hollow will not be the same next year.

And, these are just 30 of the things I love about Lindsey Nicole Carter:
1. when you scream "I LOVE YOU" at me at night.
2. you came to Mexico with me and suffered through Mexico face, crazy Mexico hair, and Mexico sweating and let me share that part of my heart with you as well as shared yours with me.
3. you missed your last bid day and spent your birthday in the hospital with me.
4. you carried my stuff up the stairs for me every night and dealt with my emotional breakdowns about the broken leg situation for 2 months... and somehow managed to love me anyway.
5. our picnics on the roof and the kitchen counter.
6. you felt bad about almost wearing a sports bra to chapter with badge attire.
7. you are always available to be my personal fashion consultant, PFC if you will.
8. you made a paper chain of all of my assignments.
9. you danced with me when my leg was broken and I got restless... which basically meant jumping around the room on one foot with me.
10. you love Twitter as much as I do.
11. and blogging. and my bloggy friends that I don't actually even know.
12. how many times we quote Kittens Inspired by Kittens and David After The Dentist.
13. you share and support my music addiction.
14. you taught me how to make awesome journals.
15. you rekindled my love for a good bubble bath.
16. you introduced me to LOST.
17. you always let me lay on your bed and talk incessantly.
18. you legitimately think Jesus could be the sun.
19. you can always tell when I need encouragement the most and basically smother me with it.
20. you have the spiritual gift of making me laugh when I'm crying.
21. you are insanely obsessed with your TV characters and very particular about the viewing of your shows.
22. you always point me to Jesus.
23. you think I'm Bailey Flanigan.
24. the way you talk about and pray for our men.
25. you can go from laughing until you cry to having a completely serious conversation in half a second.
26. you always yell "welcome to Japan" when you put the hot skillet under the faucet.
27. sleepovers in your room.
28. you share my love for Bones.
29. Jesus dance parties. enough said.
30. most importantly, you think I'm funny.

I love you sweet Lindsey friend!

ps- you can read about Lindsey's last chapter from her perspective here

you've been more than a friend to me
you fight off my enemies
'cause you have spoken truth over my life
you'll never know what it means to me
just to know you've been on your knees for me
you have blessed my life
more than you'll ever know
-More Than You'll Ever Know, Watermark

No comments:

Post a Comment