Monday, April 5, 2010

"...so that God's son may be glorified through it." John 11:4

Last December, Woodstock High School lost a precious friend, Victoria. She was texting while she was driving and lost control of her car. Words can't even describe the devastation and heart break. She was 18.

Yesterday the same (soon-to-be-official) family lost another member. Ross was diagnosed with leukemia in December and died yesterday. Heartbreak. again. devastation. again. He was 17.

It doesn't seem fair. They were too young. They still had their whole lives ahead of them. It's one of those times that just shakes you up and, if you're going to question God, this is the time. I don't understand why He would choose to take them from this world. I don't understand why their families should have to feel this pain. I don't understand why they didn't get to live and I do.

All of this makes me feel so insecure about life. Of course we hear people say that we just never know when it will end and such, but now it is real to me. I saw it end way too soon. Who's to say that won't be me? I'm not saying I'm going to walk around scared, or that I'm even really scared of dying, but it just makes me a little uneasy.

Savannah and I were talking about it and how we really should live each day like it's our last because it might be, and she said, "it's so tiring to do that. some days you just don't want to." I couldn't possibly agree more. It wears you out to put that much effort into a day. To intentionally love others. To actually do your best in every single thing you do. To tell others about Jesus. To go when God says to go. It takes so much energy, but it's worth it. Because you seriously just don't know when your chance could be over.

Even if we can't see it right now, I am so thankful that God has a much bigger plan and will do something great through this. In the meantime, please keep the Pischkes in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment