Monday, April 26, 2010

Music Expresses That Which Cannot Be Put Into Words And Cannot Remain Silent



















1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is Strawberry Wine. I used to play it on my boom box and jump on the trampoline and my cousins hated it!

2. My first concert ever was Martina McBride. She was playing at something the police department was having. All I remember is that we sat at this table up front (my dad is kind of a big deal) and Sasha and I kept banging on the table and chanting her name while the opening band played. I was 6, don't judge.

3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Chris Tomlin, Kristian Stanfill, Christy Nockels, Matt Redman, Hillsong, Matt Wertz, Dave Barnes, Andy Davis, Bethany Dillon, Francesca Battestelli, Kari Jobe, Lady A, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, and T Pain, my 2 guilty pleasures.

4. The best make out/ "boot knocking" song ever is I agree with Linds, we'll find out when I meet my husband. and let me know if you find him.

5. The best concert I have ever been to is Hillsong. hands down. both times. the first time was last May. It started pouring, and I mean pouring, right in the middle and no one even moved. No one even cared. The worship just kept right on. I couldn't help but think about what a testimony that was to the people working at the venue. Then again at Passion. They do late night concerts and you have to have tickets. The line was ridiculously long and we waited forever! then found out that they sold out. disappointed doesn't even begin to describe how we felt. I mean, I'm pretty sure tears were coming. then on our way out we somehow ended up this random line and had no idea where it was going, but when we got to the end someone handed us tickets. It was awesome. And the "concert" was so much more- it was one of the best worship experiences I have ever been a part of.

6. A memorable music moment for me was ... I have so many of these. Music is kinda my thing. 1. listening to Healer for the first time after I could walk again after breaking my leg. the song means so much more to me after having to depend on Him to be that for me. 2. church in Jamaica. they were dancing all over the place and just having such a good time. I had never seen worship like that. 3. church in Mexico. let's just call a spade a spade and say that the music was awful. I'm sorry, but y'all, it was horrendous. But heartfelt. And it was the first time I worshipped in my favorite language. 4. Passion 2010. I kept thinking over and over that the next time I am worshipping with that many people will be when I'm in Heaven and tears were just streaming down my face at the very thought of how amazing that will be. 5. Hillsong concert at Passion. I didn't realize until Lindsey told me later that I was singing half in Spanish and half in English. at that moment, all was right in my world: I was worshipping and doing it in my favorite language with all of my heart.

7. The song on my iPod that's getting played the most right now these days is the Francesca Battestelli CD, Passion Awakening, and our spring break CD we made.

1 comment:

  1. Saw Lindsey's fill in the blank friday... honestly thought it was yours until I saw her lindsey signature. and then I got REALLY confused because so many answers are so similar! you two are like two peas in a pod...

    ReplyDelete