Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So Long, Insecurity: You Have Been A Bad Friend To Us

This past weekend Beth Moore was at First Baptist Woodstock and was talking about her new book, So Long, Insecurity. I have been hesitant to write much about it here, but I have been struggling with insecurity a lot lately. I am so confident in who I am most of the time, but I have really been struggling with a lot of insecurity. I am a words of affirmation kind of girl, and I feel great about that, but lately it has been eating me up. I have felt insecure about every decision I've made unless someone has agreed. I found myself reading into every facial expression and worrying about whether they agreed with my decisions, even about the smallest things like where to eat. Such a little thing led to every other area of my life, mostly in the area of my friendships and who I am in Christ, and I felt like I was being consumed by my insecurity. Needless to say, this day with Beth was just what I needed; she is full of so much wisdom. It is nice to know that I'm not alone.

A secure woman is...
1. saved from herself.
     -insecurity is it's own form of pride.
2. entitled to truth.
     -the last thing that the enemy wants me to know is the truth about who I am.
3. clothed with intention.
     -act like you're secure, even if you're not, and you will be. it starts in the mind, goes to the feet (actions), and resonates in the heart.
4. has been upended by grace
     -how much more likely would I be to forgive if I were secure?
5. rebounded by love
     -how different would my life be if I walked out of my house every morning acting like the beloved daughter that I am?
6. exceptional in life.
     -be the exception!

At the end, Beth had us commission each other. It was so awesome and Kelly found this so I got other Kelly (ha) to send it to me :) 
My dear sister, If Christ is your Savior, you are the dwelling place of His own Spirit. You have it in you to be secure. Every day of your life you have a choice to make: you can live in your old defeat or you can turn from your unbelief and choose life. Make up your mind to put off the old you and put on the new you. Never, ever, ever, forget that the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap. he will take care of you to your very last breath. Now leave this place and go out into the world and act like a person who knows she is dearly loved. You were born to be exceptional. So, girlfriend, go forth and walk worthy of your calling. Now unto Him who can keep you from falling, be glory and majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Chris our Lord now and forevermore. Amen.

So long, insecurity!


No comments:

Post a Comment