Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Name It And Claim It

I was talking to my friend Lindsey today about camp. She is our Huddle Leader Coordinator and I cannot wait to work with her for 2 whole weeks! We started talking about any concerns we had for camp and prayer requests and such, and she said something that really struck me: take that concern and that worry, name it, and claim power over it.

I'm a worrier. That kind of girl who loses sleep at night because her mind won't stop working overtime. And I worry about things unnecessarily early, so they bother me for a week instead of a day. So many times Satan uses this against me. He knows my insecurities and when I am vulnerable and uses those as opportunities to get his foot in the door, in my heart. Maybe worrying about miniscule things will always be something I struggle with, but we have a wonderful opportunity these 2 weeks at camp and we refuse to let Satan have any part. We experienced a lot of spiritual warfare last year, and this year will be no different I'm sure, but we can take it.

No matter what it is, it's amazing to me that we have the power through Christ to name that fear, worry, or concern and claim power over it. 

"But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:39   We won't shrink back and be brought down and discouraged.

"You give me Your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; You stoop down to make me great." Psalm 18:35   No matter what each day brings, victory is ours! Before it even begins, He has overcome and even stoops down to our level to lift us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment