Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Days Is A Long Time...

My fellow bloggy friend/ real life friend/ still my roommate in my heart Lindsey has decided to do this 30 Day Blog Challenge. And for some reason, I have talked myself into joining her. While school isn't too incredibly crazy right now, it could be fun. 

So here's days 1-3 combined into 1 post.

dia uno
introduction + recent picture + 15 interesting facts

For an intro, click here. :)



one. I am bilingual.
two. I legitimately wish I was Hispanic. I love the language and the culture and their beautiful skin. I just love it all.
three. I have very OCD tendencies. I like things done my way.
four. I have processes for pretty much everything. I like things done a certain way and I do a lot of things the exact same way every day.
five. I want need to adopt from China. I don't know who that precious baby girl is, but I have prayed for her since I was fourteen.
six. I love ice cream. I mean love it. It's my major weakness.
seven. I could eat Mexican every day and feel great about it.
eight. I have a music addiction. I'm obsessed with JJ Heller and Meredith Andrews right now.
nine. I require much more hydration than your average person.
ten. I love to sing. very, very loudly.
eleven. I love to laugh. I laugh at everything.
twelve. I want to work for a non-profit organization organizing mission trips one day. I don't know what that will look like, but I have this vision of these precious little brown faces looking up at me. I don't know where they are, but I know what they look like, and I'll meet them one day. 
thirteen. I need words of affirmation like most people need air.
fourteen. I believe that no Bible study is complete without use of a Greek and/or Hebrew dictionary and a commentary.
fifteen. I need to travel. I think it's in my blood.

dia dos
meaning behind your blog name

It started out as Until Every Heart Has Heard. This came from a Steve Fee song called Burn For You. One part says, 

"to the ends of the earth, to the farthest part until every heart has heard." 

That line just stuck with me. It is so engrained on my heart to not stop telling the world about Jesus until every single heart knows Him.

Right now it says, "You are my passion." It's from the words to a Jesus Culture song. I have been challenged lately to really find what my passion is and live it out. He is my passion, and I want my life to reflect that.

dia tres
first love

Like Linds, I was not a fan of this question. Because, honestly, I don't want to talk about it. Then I remembered a conversation I overheard in Starbucks a few months back and which sparked some thoughts on love:

How do people who don't know the Lord know what love is? The Bible says, "God is love." 1 John is full of what love is. How can two people who don't know who God is even begin to think that they love each other. They don't know what love is. and if I didn't know Him, I wouldn't know what it is either. I am so thankful for a Savior who loves me more than words can even express. He pursues me, rescues me, redeemed me, is faithful, thinks I am beautiful and perfect, loves me unconditionally. He is love in action. Every single day. 

1 comment:

  1. please note my organized comment:

    dia uno:
    one. I'm glad you'll admit that now. Thanks, Panama.
    five. You're one of the few who understands that part of me. And I love it.
    seven. I meant to put that in mine & forgot.
    twleve. I'll go in with you on that. My husband will too. Or else he won't be my husband.

    dia tres:
    I love this. Also, it just made me break out into "I wanna know what love is..." Except in my head because my house is eerily quiet. Except those darn crickets & frogs & coyotes & owls outside my window.

    ReplyDelete