Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do Not Worry About Tomorrow

Lately I've really been struggling with worrying and anxiety. About anything and everything, but mostly the future. I start worrying about school, trying to move out of one place and into another, Timmy while he's in Costa Rica and about him going so far away to school, how I'm going to handle teaching and classes. You name it, I've probably worried about it. After a while, it really started to weigh me down. I found some verses that I have been memorizing and I also went back through my good ole Jesus Calling book and found all the parts I had underlined about worry and anxiety and the verses that go with that part. I combined all the parts to be like one big letter of what God's word has to say to me about worrying. These verses and this compilation from the book have really helped over the past few days.

Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Cast all your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22

God is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2 (I like how it says "the Lord" twice. like in case you didn't get it the first time, here it is again. and He is the only source of strength. good stuff)

Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 (I just skimmed over this at first because I've heard it so many times, but it's a good one)

So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34 Amen to that!

I left my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

An anxious heart weighs a man down. Proverbs 12:25

Waiting on Me means directing all your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do. It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out yourself (Lamentations 3:24-26). I am taking care of you. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all your circumstances. Trust Me with all your heart. When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words: “I trust You, Jesus.” By doing so, you release matters into My control, and you fall back into the security of My everlasting arms (Proverbs 3:5-6, Deuteronomy 33:27). Trusting Me is a moment-by-moment choice. Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Hear me saying, “Peace, be still” to your restless heart. No matter what happens, I will never leave you or forsake you. Though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the sea, you need not fear (Deuteronomy 31:6, Psalm 46:2)! Do not resist or run from the difficulties in your life. When you start to feel stressed, let those feelings alert you to your need for Me. Thus, your needs become doorways to deep dependence on Me and increasing intimacy between us (2 Corinthians 1:8-9). Welcome challenging times as opportunities to trust Me You have Me beside you and My Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle. When the path before you is dotted with difficulties, beware of measuring your strength against those challenges. That calculation is certain to riddle you with anxiety. Regardless of today’s problems, I can keep you in perfect peace if you stay close to Me (James 1:2, Philippians 4:13, Isaiah 26:3). Rest in Me, My child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking Me to take charge of the details of this day (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Thank Me for the very things that are troubling you (Psalm 116:17). Hold my hand and trust. Fearful, anxious thoughts melt away in the light of My presence (Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 62:5-6). Don’t worry about what is on the road up ahead. I want you to find your security in knowing Me, the One who died to set you free (John 8:32). Whenever you start to feel anxious, remind yourself that your security rests in Me alone, and I am totally trustworthy (Psalm 56:3-4). Stop worrying long enough to hear My voice. I speak softly to you, in the depths of your being (Deuteronomy 30:20). Do not worry about tomorrow! My grace is sufficient for you, but it’s sufficiency is for only one day at a time. Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. As you affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly (Matthew 6:34, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Psalm 62:8). Bring me all your feelings, even the ones you wish you didn’t have. Affirm your trust in Me, regardless of how you feel. Bring your anxieties out into the light of My presence, where we can deal with them together. Concentrate on trusting Me, and fearfulness will gradually lose its foothold within you (Ephesians 6:16, 1 John 1:5-7, Isaiah 12:2).

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading out some of your articles and i must say clever stuff.
    I will definitely bookmark your website.

    My blog: hot dating

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Five Rules Of Youtube: Requiem for A Dream Soundtrack is
    a Must. That is all performed by web phone, Skype, Google
    Hangout or by telephone. 8 million channel views means his irreverent look at the
    world gets plenty of notice.

    My web blog youtube views and likes

    ReplyDelete