Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I have officially become the worst blogger. (however, my sweet friend Savannah has come back to the blogging work! click here) I don't know what's gotten into me, but I just can't seem to get myself on here and write. Then I feel like I have so much to write about that it's overwhelming and I just don't do it. So I will do my best to recap almost a whole month of home.

{one}
Cosbie has been home since December 1st and I am getting way too spoiled by dinner dates, Starbucks, tons of time with him, and watching Dexter (don't judge) and drinking hot chocolate every night. And somehow 25 days doesn't seem long enough. It went by way too fast. For months I've refused to look at the calendar for January because it means hardly seeing him at all, but now January is here and is reality and I'm not sure that I'm ready for tour season after all.

{two}
We started registering at Macy's and Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It was a little overwhelming at first, but so much fun. For some reason I can't seem to make any sort of decision about dishes. Of all things- dishes. I didn't think I would ever care about dishes this much. Though I did get pretty tired of it, and I'm sure we will end up adding some more things here and there, it was fun to pick out things for our future house/ apartment. 

{three}
We started out Christmas break with a bang in the form of the most wonderful weekend. We started out with our engagement pictures with Joy. Neither one of us really love getting our picture taken so much, so we were not exactly thrilled about it if I'm being honest, but we had so much fun! I've been following Joy's photography for so long now that I felt almost famous seeing our pictures on her blog. Here's a little taste (more to come):

after pictures we met up with Brittany, Patrick, Tim, Rachel, Crimson, and Matt for a quadruple date, if you will. Dave Barnes was playing at Center Stage in Atlanta with Drew and Ellie Holcomb, who I now love. After the concert we went to Cafe Intermezzo (my favorite and mine and Cosbie's first date spot). Not only am I thankful to be spending the rest of my life with someone so wonderful, I am also thankful for the sweet friends he has brought into my life. It is so wonderful to have other couples to hang out with. They are such a blessing.

Saturday night my sweet future in-laws took us to see The Nutcracker at the Fox. I was beyond excited because I had not been to the Fox for a show since I was in the 6th grade, and I had never seen The Nutcracker before. We had so much fun and the show was wonderful! 

{four}
At the end of every semester, our Bible study goes to Michelle Pope Funk's house for dinner. When you have a name like that, you use them all. We love going over there and her 3 boys always entertain us. MPF and those girls are most definitely what I will miss most about college. They have been my rock over the past 3 years. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful group of girls to grow in Christ with and an amazing Godly woman to lead us.


{five}
Last weekend my sweet friend Carrie Ross became Carrie Lee. I went to South Carolina Friday morning for the bridesmaids luncheon, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and just to help get things ready. Driving up there I was overwhelmed with how faithful the Lord has been in mine and Carrie's lives. Over the past 8 years, we have endured our fair share of broken hearts, tears, and prayers over things of the past and for the men we would marry. Who would have thought that we would be getting married so close to each other? I'm so thankful for friends like that. Her wedding was absolutely beautiful and I could not be more excited for her and Micah as they begin their life together in Boston. 

{six}
2 months ago Cosbie asked me to be his wife. It feels like a lifetime ago and just yesterday at the same time. Some days I look at him and am completely overwhelmed by the fact that I get to marry him in 5 months. I can't wait to spend every day of my life with him. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us, for better or for worse. sometimes I still can't believe that, after so many years of praying, he is finally here. Forever. 5 months until I walk down the aisle and become Mrs. Caitlin Hollenbeck.

1 comment:


  1. This solution is the finest medium that you could pick improving internet traffic on your page as all individuals will certainly manage to view the services and products that you are offering. buy targeted likes

    ReplyDelete