Friday, June 25, 2010

St. Simon's, Here I Come!

In just a few short hours the journey to camp will begin! I'm so excited I could scream! (in case I have not properly conveyed my excitement to you bloggy friends as well as anyone who talks to me!) I'm not sure how much I will blog while I am there. I guess it depends on what free time looks like each day. Whether or not I'm working week 2 is still very up in the air and I probably won't know until the end of week 1. I have so many mixed feelings about it, but I know I will be exactly where God needs me, even if I don't understand why I'm there. It's going to be a great week (or 2?) and God is going to do great things!

Some things to pray for:
-safe trips for tomorrow. it seems like there are always all kinds of complications getting there.
-safe trips for our campers. also full of many complications.
-that all of us huddle leaders can be spiritually prepared to lead these students the way that they need to be led and be open to however God chooses to use us.
-guidance in dealing with the difficult students (it wouldn't be camp without a few of those) and finding the balance between love and discipline as a leader.
-that students would come to know the Lord, either for the first time or deeper.
-patience through sleep deprivation.
-and most of all, that the students, staff, and other huddle leaders would see Jesus and his joy in us through everything we do and that He would be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment