Sunday, September 6, 2009

Who Are We That You Would Be Mindful Of Us?

Linds and I have been working on memorizing Psalm 139. I first came up with this idea because I feel like, as a girl, there are times where we really need to be reminded of who we are in Christ and reminded of the way that God sees us. I have spent the past few months delving into different scriptures that are about who I am in Christ and just making sure that I am completely defining myself in Him and nothing else. It has been really good for my heart and has brought me to a new level of confidence and joy in knowing who I am in Him. How could I not walk around with a smile knowing that my Creator is madly in love with me and wants to have a relationship, a friendship, with me?!

But let us not be quick to forget who we really are apart from Christ. I am a sinner. I am unworthy. I am inadequate. No matter how hard I try, I can never be worthy of love, forgiveness, grace, or mercy, much less salvation. Every single day I wake up and commit to living for Christ and trying to make my life a living example of what He can do with a life. But my best intentions don't matter. I am sinful. No matter how hard I try, I turn my back on Him and go against Him every single day, whether it be in thought or action or the condition of my heart toward a given situation. I want so badly to please Him and my human nature causes me to do the exact opposite all the time. I don't want anything I do to be displeasing in His eyes, and the next thing I know I am in a compromising situation. Without Him, I am a failure. The wages of my sin are death. I am nothing.

God sees hope in the midst of hopeless me. He thinks I am worthy. He thought enough of me to give up His only son. I know that this is basic Sunday school stuff, but how could anyone possibly get over that fact? How could that ever cease to be anything but incredible? With Christ, I am a completely different person. I am redeemed. I am set free from all of the bonds that my sins hold me in. I am full of so much joy! Sometimes it makes me want to dance and other times it brings me to tears in total awe. I am loved more than I could even begin to comprehend. The Creator of the world passionately pursues me every single day. He wants me. He wants to love me and wants me to love Him. He wants to be my friend. He will never EVER leave me, no matter how many times I leave Him. I am His forever. Nothing or no one could change that as long as I live. I am not worthy of being called His daughter, of being saved, of being given eternal life, but He doesn't see it that way. I will never understand how He could love me so much, but I am so thankful that He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment