Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Randomness: It's What I Do Best

Present-active participle believing God is a lifestyle. It is a daily, deliberate choice. Present-active participle believing God awakens in the morning and says, "My Lord and my God, I thank You for another day to know You and believe You. Whatever means You may choose to increase my faith today, I commit myself to that glorious end." After He sings us to sleep at night, may our Father be able to look at the Son on His right hand and say, "She believed Me today." -Beth Moore, Believing God This has become my prayer. I don't want a single day to pass where God couldn't say that I believed Him that day.

The God to whom you commit yourself and everything that concerns you is huge. he is the omnipotent maker of heaven and earth. He is the One who acts on behalf of His children. He is the Mighty Warrior. He is the compassionate Father. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is the coming King. He is love. He is light. He is good. He is right. He is your soul's delight. He is... whatever you need. He alone is wise. In Him alone life makes sense, and apart from Him all is chaos. He is in control. -Beth Moore, Believing God I'm so glad I don't even have to worry about anything! It's not in my hands anyway. Thank goodness, because I would make a disaster of life if it was.

If someone becomes even a little more like Jesus because of your influence today, you're a big time success. -Steven Furtick Shouldn't our goal every day be to point others toward Jesus and lead them to become more like Him?

I want it to be like that: I close my eyes and throw my head back with laughter and step up to dance with You. My tiny hand in Your infinite one, my steps so clumsy compared to Your grace. The music begins and we step out onto the floor. My grip tightens, knowing I will fall, but also knowing You will guide me. The music swells, roaring into my ears until I am so enraptured that I can't look at anyone but You. My hands and feet poised for the next step, my head up, and a smile of love on my face. And maybe, just maybe, then I will not even notice when You turn to one of Your sons and invite him to dance with me. What a glorious day that will be! But I'm enjoying the dance right now :)

Our lives begin to end the day that we become silent about things that matter.

It's like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down
It's like my soul is flying though my feet are on the ground
It's like the world is silent though I know it isn't true
It's like the breath of Jesus is right here in this room
So take this heart of mine
There's no doubt
I'm in better hands now
-In Better Hands, Natalie Grant

My King has crushed the curse of death
And I am His forever!
Oh praise Him
Hallelujah
My Delight and my Reward
Everlasting, never failing
My Redeemer, my God!
-Psalm 62, Aaron Keyes

So when you get the chance
Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it
Don't let your lights go down
Don't let the fire burn out
Somewhere somebody needs a reason to believe
Why don't you rise up now?
Don't be afraid to stand out
That's how the lost get found
-The Lost Get Found, Britt Nicole

Make me aware
Help me see
That everything I am is not all about me
Take my world
Turn it around
So that the obvious can finally be found
Make me aware
-Aware, Salvador

No comments:

Post a Comment