Saturday, November 7, 2009

Come As You Are

I should be writing a 10 page case study on a 6 year old student from my first placement right now. That's precisely why I am writing this now.

During recruitment (aka rush), there are girls who disassociate from their sorority and are recruitment counselors, called Pi Chis. They're not allowed to wear letters or talk to their sisters much from Thanksgiving break until after recruitment, which is Martin Luther King weekend.

Savannah and I applied to be a Pi Chi this year and we got it! Training started today and I am so excited! Basically our job will be to guide the girls through the recruitment process, answer any of their questions, get them to the parties on time, be a shoulder for them to cry on when they get dropped or have a hard time making a decision, and take care of them. This year's theme is "come as you are" and I am really excited about being able to practically drill into these girls heads that they truly can come as they are and be loved and accepted by the women who will be their sisters. Basically, I get to be their mom for the weekend! I can't wait to carry a backpack containing proper mother objects for a whole weekend. It's going to be just like camp again.

And, in case you were wondering, this is what I plan for my backpack of goodness to contain for my sweet girls, who I do not know yet but I am sure they will be sweet:
- hairspray
- makeup
- mints
- candy
- lotion
- chapstick
- tissues
- Tylenol, Excedrin, Midol, etc.
- water bottle with little cups
- and more. I just can't think of anything else right now.
*edit* -also band aids

It's gonna be the best backpack ever. For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment