Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bless Her Little Heart

My car has had some rough times over the past month. Let's back up to a few days after I returned from Mexico. Allow me to set the scene for you. Linds and I both had our cars at my house all week. We have more cars than people at our house anyway, so this made for way too many cars for us. My dad lined all the cars up going down our rather steep drive way: Lindsey's closest to the house, mine in the middle, and my dad's city car at the end of the drive way. Earlier that week, my dad had cut the grass, which caused much grass to be on the drive way, and it was now pouring rain. This information will be important later. So there I was, looking real cute, ready for a great lunch with some great girls. I got into my car and thought that I could back around my dad's car because I hate having to go up the driveway when I'm in the middle of it like that. I was wrong. So I tried to go back up the drive way, my tires spun on the wet grass on the drive way, and I rolled back and hit my dad's police car. He drives an Expedition, so my little car was no match for it. After about 45 minutes, we got his car moved, and mine back up the drive way and I made it to lunch. His car was untouched. Mine has a rather large dent, missing paint, and crack in my bumper.

Fast forward from that story to last Tuesday. Our movement class is at an elementary school about 15 minutes away. Savannah and I were sitting at the stop sign at the end of my road, about 3 cars back, waiting to turn when homeboy in front of me decided he needed to back up. So he did. As if I weren't even there. Of course I didn't have time to react, and all Sav could do was yell, "watch out!" and he hit us pretty hard. I got out of the car, and I didn't know what to do. The man asked me if we should call the police (as if this kinda thing hap
pens to me all the time and I know exactly what to do. 20 year old girl here, hello!) and I told him I had no idea so I was going to call my dad. Of course my dad said yes, so I called the police to come out and file a report (bet 911 isn't on your call log right now). The police man was accompanied by a state trooper, who was much nicer. He kept asking Sav and I if we were ok and if anything hurt. Turns out he's from Hartwell, so he was on our side. The best part of this little ordeal is that homeboy legitimately had Safe Auto Insurance. As in 1-800-Safe-Auto, pick up the phone the call is free... for real. We found this very amusing. Who knew people actually call the people they hear on TV. Needless to say, we were late for class. We're ok, but my car suffered a little damage. We were shaken up and really sore for a day or so, but nothing major. At least the front matches the back now... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment